Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm having difficulty finding a car with good mileage and mpg. Help!?

Hondas make great cars but miles seem high for the money. I would stay away from the hybrids especially one that is eight years old. It was still pretty new technology and I don't know if all of the bugs were worked out on them. Check out some of the base models of Toyota Corollas or Honda Civics. If you are just looking for basic transportation you can overlook a few dings and scratches. When I was in college I traveled 550 miles and didn't have to pay a penny for gas going home. If you are traveling going home for a holiday, find people on your route home and charge them for a ride. Also if you find a car you like from a car lot or private party, take it to a mechanic and have them check it out. There are a lot of things they will check out for free. It is a good idea if you can get someone who is knowledgeable about cars to go with you while shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment