Monday, August 8, 2011

"Why do mostly all restaurant and hotel kitchens hire men for cooks/help and not women?"?

I have worked in both.. there is always.. always men hired to do these jobs. I thought we are suppose to be living in a equal opportunity employment world? I thought.. women are suppose to have equal rights? After all... mothers and grandmothers were cooks long before men came into this field. I just don't think its fair. I was going to go to a Culinary School... but I know.. I won't be hired over a man .. so why waste my time and money? If... I were able to go to CIA then perhaps I would as a woman be considered because I would then have a greater expertise in the field.. because that school is the gold seal of approval and you can write your own ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment